You own a Windows Phone 7, and you’d like to ignore calls from certain numbers. There’s no need for MarketPlace Apps or special hacks. Read on to configure this easily.
The basic solution is to use a silent ringtone for numbers you don’t want bothering you. This consists of 4 basic steps.
- Get yourself a blank mp3.
- Make it a ringtone in Zune.
- Sync it to your phone.
- Set it as a ringtone.
Step 1: Get yourself a blank mp3
- Download a blank mp3 from here: http://www.xamuel.com/blank-mp3s
- You can also make your own.
Step 2: Make it a ringtone in Zune
- Copy the blank mp3 to your Music folder.
- Launch Zune.
- Zune should pick it up in its collection.
- In Zune, navigate to Collection > Music.
- Find the blank mp3.
- Right-cilck on the mp3 > Edit.
- Change the title to: Silent
- Change the genre to: ringtone
- Click OK.
Step 3: Sync it to your phone
- Connect your laptop to your phone via USB.
- Right-click on the mp3 > Sync with <your phone name>.
- Disconnect your phone from your laptop.
Step 4: Set it as a ringtone
- In your apps, go to Phone.
- Click on a phone number in your call history to block.
- After the profile for the phone number displays, click the pencil icon to edit.
- Click on Ringtone.
- Select the Silent ringtone which should be in the Custom section.
There you have it! Now you’ll never hear that caller calling again (unless they change phone numbers)!
Like what you’ve read?
If so, please enter your email address to get free updates, stuff you can’t find on the blog and a free report: The Top 10 Tools I Use To Supercharge My Learning (Hint: The Top 5 Are Free)